Saturday, October 6, 2012

$6 Autumn Sensory Bin

AAA the weather is getting crispy...football, pumpkin spice lattes, sweat shirts...Its beginning to feel like fall here in southern California (despite the random days when its 90+degrees still)

I wanted to make a fun Autumn themed sensory bin as a gift for our 3year old friend. I also wanted to make one for our daughter.

I hit up the Dollar Store for some ideas. They had some shoe box sized bins with lids which I used for the gift. But, we have a great container at home for ours. Here is a picture of the supplies I bought costing in total $6
Wood chips, a small wreath, a bundle of leave, a pot of sunflower, a small pot of pumpkins/squash/pine cones, some kind of decorative branch thing (no idea what this is).

I used wire clippers to cut off the flowers, leaves, small pine cones, pumpkins and squash. I dumped the wood chips in and spread around the loot.


You can add things you find on nature walks to the bin over the next few weeks. We added two large pine cones!

These things are so great for young children. Its a way for them to explore things in nature learning about color, size, texture, weight, and smells (sometimes tastes).

Hope you enjoy!! Happy Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment